Careers at Micrometals - Open Positions
Micrometals has three global production facilities totaling more than 240,000 ft2 (22,300 m2) and we are the largest manufacturer of distributed gap powder cores. We also formulate our own powders to assure they meet our quality and performance standards and provide unmatched consistency to our customers. Our facilities meet or exceed the highest ISO standards.
Micrometals serves thousands of customers around the globe, from winding houses to tier 1 manufacturers. Our products are widely used in power applications in nearly every major industrial market around the world including automotive, industrial, communications, medical, electronic, home appliances, military and aerospace.
Below are some of the current positions we are recruiting to join our team. If you find a position you would like to be considered for please submit your resume to jbarbeito at micrometals.com (at=@)
NEW POSITION - Technical Sales Engineer
Micrometals, Inc., is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of soft magnetic powder cores for power electronics applications in industrial, communications, transportation, consumer, medical, and defense products. Our customers are driving advances in electric vehicles, renewable energy, medical imaging, efficient power conversion and smart devices.
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer at our global headquarters in Anaheim, California. Reporting to our VP Business Development, you will support Micrometals’ global customer base, providing technical support that will result in the optimal selection of our magnetic cores in their application, and guiding the sales process from the initial inquiry through the close of sale. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the leading manufacturer of soft magnetic components.
Micrometals is a privately held company with a small business mentality, valuing each person’s contribution as part of a larger team. If you like to work with end users and sales partners in a US and international setting and contribute on both the technical and commercial aspects of our interactions with customers, Micrometals is the right place for you.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serves customers by identifying their technical requirements and guiding them towards the Micrometals part that provides them with the optimal solution.
- Achieve sales order and funnel growth within assigned accounts/territory.
- Follow-up on leads, answer technical questions and work with customers to help them design MM products into their applications.
- Prepares and follows up on quotations by studying all related customer documents and consulting with engineers and manufacturing personnel to gather cost and price information.
- Establishes new accounts and services existing accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Track and drive the qualification and development of customer leads, contact results, and opportunities through CRM tool.
- Collaborates with the product engineering and production teams to make adjustments to item specifications and customize products to fulfill a customer’s needs.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Initiates training and product overview presentations with customer’s staff and sales partners
- Participates at trade shows and conferences which Micrometals is attending
- Contributes to generating and updating of sales and marketing collateral.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Minimum Skills/Proficiencies Requirements:
- Familiarity with magnetic components and/or inductors and technical understanding of customers’ applications using such components
- 3-5 years of technical sales experience or sales support
- Exceptional Learn and Be Curious nature, to learn our product line and offerings
- Ability to translate customers’ requirements into solutions that our products provide
- Commitment to excellence and high standards and ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a flexible and innovative team player with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Zoom/Teams, and experience with a CRM administering sales data for reporting purposes
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with experience designing magnetic components or electronic circuits using them.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work for extended periods while standing or sitting at a computer workstation.
- The ability to travel up to 10% travel, both domestic and international.
- This position requires U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
Micrometals offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, life insurance, 401K match, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment. Dental and Vision insurance is also available.
Micrometals is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check. We are open to reasonable accommodation.
To be considered for please submit your resume to rhartmayer at micrometals.com (at=@)
Micrometals will gladly extend engineering and design assistance to aid in your core selection.