Careers at Micrometals - Open Positions
Micrometals has three global production facilities totaling more than 240,000 ft2 (22,300 m2) and we are the largest manufacturer of distributed gap powder cores. We also formulate our own powders to assure they meet our quality and performance standards and provide unmatched consistency to our customers. Our facilities meet or exceed the highest ISO standards.
Micrometals serves thousands of customers around the globe, from winding houses to tier 1 manufacturers. Our products are widely used in power applications in nearly every major industrial market around the world including automotive, industrial, communications, medical, electronic, home appliances, military and aerospace.
Below are some of the current positions we are recruiting to join our team. If you find a position you would like to be considered for please submit your resume to jfisher at micrometals.com (at=@)
NEW POSITION - Applications Sales Engineer
PLEASE NOTE - ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE SOFT MAGNETICS ENGINEERING DESIGN EXPERIENCE. APPLICANTS WITHOUT DESIGN EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Micrometals is seeking an Applications Sales Engineer at our Anaheim, California headquarters with remote work possible for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the leading manufacturer of soft magnetic components in the world. Our customers are driving advances in EV’s, renewable energy, medical imaging, efficient power conversion and smart devices. You will be supporting our customers, both senior and early-career engineers, with technical product support and design suggestions using our large catalog of standard products or with our wide breadth of custom capabilities. Supporting these design-in efforts is essential to our business and core to our brand.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
• Provide technical support to engineers looking for product recommendations, design assistance or material options for magnetic components.
• Track assigned opportunities through our Zoho CRM system to assure customers are getting the proper support and product evaluation is successful, leading to design wins.
• Support our engineering and manufacturing group in the updating of product specifications, support customer/product testing and custom sample requests.
• Work with sales to create compelling and data driven sales tools to communicate the key performance attributes of our products and materials.
• Writing application notes on new/emerging applications.
• Defining and helping product development to create new products and materials based upon feedback from customers.
Main Tasks Will Include
• Support our customers (engineers) and sales partners around the world, mainly via e-mail, by providing product applications support, product selection or documentation support.
• Serve as an expert and ambassador of our Inductor Design and Analysis Software and leverage that tool to support customer product selection.
• Conduct webinars demonstrating the power of our on-line Design Tools and provide feedback for product enhancements to our software developers.
• Work with the design engineering team to help define and create new products or solutions. Be the voice-of-customer for our engineering efforts and assure their solutions are competitive against the latest offerings in the market.
• Work with sales and customers to learn market needs. Help translate those into product proposals into initial objective specifications that can be used to design products.
• Development of application literature. Create data sheets, lab reports, and application notes that help the customer effectively use Micrometals’ products.
• Occasional travel to major trade events ~ 10% in a normal year.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus 5 years soft magnetics design experience or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus 3 years design experience
• Strong knowledge of electrical design fundamentals, especially magnetics
• Strong analytical skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Understanding of excel, databases and product data maintenance
• Hands-on experience with lab equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, electronic-load, DAQ)
• A talent and desire to help others, learn and find ways to create value for customers using our products.
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Work Experience: 3-5 years with experiences in design and applications engineering
Pay Rate Type: Competitive base salary plus quarterly sales bonus
Company Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401k with Employer match and (PTO)
Eligible for Relocation: Yes
Eligible For Work Visa Sponsorship: No
Micrometals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To be considered for please submit your resume to jfisher at micrometals.com (at=@)
NEW POSITION - Director of Engineering
Micrometals is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead magnetic materials development and applications engineering. Reporting to our VP of Engineering this role will oversee development in the US and Asia and also work closely with Sales and Marketing to assure our solutions are best-in-class. The company is experiencing strong growth across several markets areas including transportation, clean energy and communications with new material development being a cornerstone of maintaining a competitive advantage and delivering exceptional performance and value to customers.
• Subject matter expert for magnetic properties of all materials at Micrometals.
• Develop new Materials and processing for current and future products.
• Qualification of different magnetic materials.
• Materials design engineering support to drive issue resolution and cost savings.
• Materials Laboratory testing as-needed.
• Author Material and Process standards as-needed.
• Materials Engineering degree. Metallurgical Engineering focus and advanced degrees are preferred.
• Knowledge of process-structure-property relationships in magnetic materials and their relevant manufacturing processes.
• Experience with robust manufacturing quality systems and qualification processes (PFMEA, lean manufacturing).
• Experience conducting and understanding standard mechanical property testing.
• General knowledge of functional ceramics preferred.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide specific examples of evaluations of raw materials that demonstrate not only an ability to follow standards, but also a deeper understanding of the functional requirements of the property evaluation using a first principles approach.
The ideal candidate should also have a track record of innovation and scientific achievement evidenced by product development successes and/or a track record of technical publications.
Masters or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
5 years with experiences in magnetic materials, powder metallurgy or atomizing
Essential Physical Requirements
Must be able to work for extended periods while standing or sitting at a computer workstation. Must be familiar with safe chemical handling practices and common laboratory safety procedures. Must be sufficiently mobile to work within a laboratory environment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license special tools or restrictions): U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Micrometals offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
Micrometals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To be considered for please submit your resume to jfisher at micrometals.com (at=@)
Micrometals will gladly extend engineering and design assistance to aid in your core selection.